FEP Fahrzeugelektrik Pirna (FEP) develops, produces and sells specialist electric plugs, connectors, Switches and plastic housings for the automotive industry. The company was founded in 1949 in Pirna, near Dresden, and became an important supplier for connectors ans switches during the era of the German Democratic Republic (East Germany). Following its privatisation in 1992, with its product range, customer Focus and international reach, FEP became a leading supplier to the automotive industry. FEP's success was build on high levels of innovation, product quality and deliverability as well as its efficient production processes.
During the investment period Borromin worked closely with the company and encouraged management to continue its growth strategy and, amongst other things, supported the:
Im November 2011 Borromin sold its shares to the American Amphenol Group, a global manufacturer of connectors.